Xchanging Becomes First Global Service Provider to Receive Enterprise Capability Certification for RPA
Xchanging’s Robotics Process Automation offering receives accredited status
Xchanging plc, the business technology and services provider, has become the first service provider globally to receive the Enterprise Capability Certification status from Blue Prism, the virtual workforce company, following a framework assessment of Xchanging’s Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
RPA is the application of technology that allows employees in a company to configure computer software or a “robot” to capture and interpret existing applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses and communicating with other digital systems1.
The accredited status, which is measured against the Horses for Sources2 RPA maturity roadmap, shows that Xchanging has implemented an “industrialised” platform.
Blue Prism’s framework assessment showed that Xchanging has:
- split work between human and virtual workforce to maximise relative strengths of each group
- developed a relationship between humans and robots, working collaboratively to deliver business insight and increased efficiency
- embedded RPA benefits realisation tracking as a core performance measure to inform the future RPA automation roadmap
- run strategic campaigns and initiatives to generate demand that supports business drivers
- built deep skills and knowledge across the team
- embedded lean methodologies and a culture of continuous improvement within RPA function
- implemented resilient disaster recovery and failover capability
Paul Donaldson, Product Manager – Robotic Automation, Group Operations, Xchanging, commented: “We are thrilled to receive this highly regarded accreditation from Blue Prism. We pride ourselves on our commitment to develop innovative solutions for customers and our RPA offering has helped to increase efficiency, performance and quality within the business. We have automated numerous processes in the last six months, and look forward to continue evolving our competency.”
Alastair Bathgate, chief executive, Blue Prism, continued: “Xchanging has embraced RPA at an enterprise scale and continued to build upon its solution – implementing the required infrastructure, framework approach, delivery capability and support model for the initial wave of processes. This accreditation re-enforces the business’ position as a leader in the creation of a successful and industrialised robotics workforce.”
1 Definition from The Institute For Robotic Process Automation’s website www.irpanetwork.com.
2 Horses for Sources (HfS) is a leading analyst authority and global network for IT and business services, focusing on global business services, digital transformation and outsourcing.